Welcome To Tron Participation
Tron Participation provides opportunities to participate in art activities for all ages, abilities or social/economical background. Why take part? Simple answer: It’s great fun! Develop new skills, both artistic and social, meet new people and become part of the Tron Participation family.
Our aim is for those participating in the Creative Learning programme at the Tron to reflect Glasgow’s rich cultural landscape. Different backgrounds bring different perspectives meaning we can learn from and with one another.
We actively recruit from a wide range of protected characteristic groups via free taster workshops and bursary places.
The core workshop programme will be in-person at the Tron, in our newly refurbished workshop space, as well as across Glasgow in schools, community venues and local parks, with activity on offer for all ages.
There will be workshop activity on offer for participants of all ages including:
- Walking Tall Tales (in local parks) – where tiny imaginations go on big outdoor adventures (0-4 yrs)
- Community Skillshops – free workshops for primary schools and community groups
- Youth Theatre – workshops for P7-S2 and S3-S6
- Tron Ambassadors – work experience programme for pupils in S4 and beyond
- Tron Young Company – 18-25 yr olds
- Tron Studio – adult community ensemble (18+yrs)
- Write Tron (adult writers sessions, 18+yrs)
- Tron Community Choir (18+yrs)
- Tron Studio Playdates – for those looking to try out something creative without the weekly commitment of our core classes
- Tronversations – free talks, creative conversations and workshops with community groups interested in getting to know more about the Tron
If you would like further information on any of the above please click the links or get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation – Payment for classes
Tron Participation is all about taking part. We simply do not want economic background to be a barrier to signing up for our workshop sessions.
In line with the Tron’s new theatre ticketing policy, Participation workshops will follow a similar format. There will always be 3 payment levels to suit a range of different budgets, you simply choose the option that suits you best, no questions asked.
You can also speak to Box Office on 0141 552 4267 about paying a deposit and creating a payment plan to suit your needs, or you can apply to access a Tron Participation Bursary for between 50% and 100% of the workshop cost. More information and the Bursary Application form can be found here.
Please note: bursary places are limited and we will do our best to accommodate all requests.
For more information on any of these projects and how to get involved, visit the PARTICIPATION section of our website tron.co.uk/participation or contact Creative Learning Manager, Lisa Keenan on email@example.com