Tron Theatre is currently recruiting to the following vacancy:
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The Marketing & Communications Officer is a key role within a small but extremely busy department that delivers strategic marketing and communication campaigns for all building activity including Tron Theatre Company productions, Tron Creative development opportunities, TronLabs and the BUILD programme of workshops and Tron Participation workshops, classes and events, fundraising initiatives and the visiting company programme.
We want to be a relevant and more representative organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from across the UK, and particularly from applicants who are from groups currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes candidates from Black, Asian and other ethnically diverse backgrounds, or who identify as D/deaf or disabled.
What you need to know:
- it’s a permanent role;
- the role is full-time, 40 hours per week;
- the role is ideally based primarily at the Tron Theatre in Glasgow’s Merchant City, but we are open to discussing a blended model of home/office working;
- the salary scale will range from £24,500-£26,000 p.a. dependent on experience.
About the role
This role is based in the Marketing & Communications team and reports to the Head of Marketing & Communications.
The Marketing & Communications Officer will work with the Head of Marketing & Communications and across the wider Tron team to find innovative ways to promote all areas of the Tron’s work through on and offline marketing, customer relationship management and public relations and media, driving audience development, engagement and revenue and enhancing the Tron’s reputation as a leading venue nationally, and within the wider UK and international theatre sectors.
This will include being responsible for the development, creation and delivery of day-to-day, targeted and compelling digital content across the Tron’s social media platforms that will inspire and engage existing audiences as well as build new audiences.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of tactical marketing, including the use of digital and new media. Good tech and IT knowledge and proven experience reporting on campaign delivery are key skills for this role. The right person will have the ability to write and source engaging copy for marketing material and be able to manage a range of marketing campaigns in a collaborative and inclusive way. We’re looking for someone who is able to bring enthusiasm, imagination, creativity and initiative to their work.
How to apply
If you are keen to apply for the post, please email Lindsay Mitchell, Head of Marketing & Communications, at the contact address below with the following:
- An up-to-date CV (2 A4 pages max.) titled ‘Your Name CV’
- A cover letter (2 A4 pages max.) titled ‘Your Name Cover Letter’ detailing your professional background, skills and experience, with reference to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description below; why you are interested in joining the Tron Theatre team and what you feel you could bring to the role; and anything else you’d like us to know that will support your application.
- An equalities and diversity monitoring form – please complete via this link
Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Marketing & Communications Officer Applicant – Your Name’.
The deadline for applications is Friday 20 August at 12pm. Interviews will take place in w/c 6th September.
If you have questions about the role or the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact Lindsay on 0141 559 5314 or on the email address above.