The Tron Theatre is committed to being an accessible venue, offering its audiences a variety of Captioned, BSL and Audio-Described services for selected performances.
Booking Accessible Performances:
When booking, please let us know if you have any specific access requirements and we will do our utmost to accommodate them.
Telephone: 0141 552 4267
Text Phone: 18001 0141 552 4267
Online: www.tron.co.uk (specific seating is not available on all events; wheelchair spaces cannot be booked online).
This Season our accessible performances are:
Although there are no viewing restrictions within our auditoria, we've included advice below on choosing seats to ensure that you get the most out of the service you require.
Whilst we advise booking tickets in the front section of our auditorium, there is no restricted view of the stage from any of our seats.
British Sign Language Interpretation
There is no restricted view of the stage from any of our seats. All our seats are suitable to see the signer with the exception of seats in Row I on the side of the auditorium where the signer is standing.
With the exception of all seats in Row A and seats M1-3, all seats provide great reception for the Audio Description headsets.
additional access facilities
Infra Red Loop System
This is only available in the Main Auditorium. Your hearing aid must be switched to the T position. Seats in Rows A-H provide the most consistent coverage, although full coverage is available throughout the auditorium.
Due to the design of our auditoria, we do not have dedicated wheelchair spaces and need to prepare a space for any wheelchair user by removing existing seats. Customers requiring a wheelchair space are asked to contact the Box Office directly on 0141 552 4267 prior to booking their tickets.
7 wheelchairs (maximum) Lower House, Row A
2 wheelchairs (maximum) Upper House, Row M, Seats 1 & 3
2 wheelchairs (maximum) Row A
2 wheelchairs (maximum) Towards the back of the seating area
Parking and Transport:
- Parking: There is blue badge parking on Chisholm Street.
- Car Parks are located on King Street, Albion Street, and Stockwell Street
- Drop-Off Point: Chisholm Street
- Taxis: We can provide contact numbers. Please ask the Box Office.
- Buses: The nearest stops are on Trongate and Osborne Street. For information on bus numbers and routes visit travelinescotland.com or First Glasgow.
- Train Stations: Argyle Street Station 320m West, Queen Street Station 1km North-West, Glasgow Central Station 1km North-West.
- Level/Ramp Access: This is available on
Chisholm Street .
- Lift access to all levels.
- Accessible Toilets: Ground Floor/Level Access
- Box Office: Medium Height Counter/Induction
LARGE PRINT VERSION OF THE SEASON BROCHURES:
For more information on performance access, go to the Audio Description Scotland site at www.adascotland.com
For more information about accessible performances visit www.accessscottishtheatre.org